The past couple of months have been spent on odd jobs, as there are fewer jobs we can do before the windows and doors are replaced – this will be by far the most disruptive stage of the renovation, so we don’t want to start on the bathroom, kitchen or plastering until the windows are in. There’s still painting to do, but whenever we have had the opportunity the weather has been rotten. We did manage a test patch of the burnt umber colour however:
And the red accents above the first floor windows. Sanding down the existing flaking paint took some time:
The old meters have been replaced, with much tidier (and quieter) smart meters:
We have the window supplier and a contractor coming to discuss the new windows and doors on site next week; fingers crossed we have found the right one eventually..!